Deeper Still of Mountaineer Country hosts weekend healing retreats for both women and men who have experienced or participated in an abortion as the mother or father of the child. We have two retreats a year near Deep Creek, Maryland.
If you say yes to any of these questions concerning your abortion, you have an abortion-wounded heart…
- Do you lack the freedom to share your abortion experience with others?
- Do you avoid the subject of abortion because you feel like people will see it written across your forehead?
- Do you expect bad things to happen to you or a family member as a punishment for your abortion?
- Are you afraid to meet your child in heaven?
- Do you engage in self-punishing attitudes and behaviors?
- Are you pre-occupied with thoughts surrounding your abortion experience?
- Do you feel like you’re all alone with emotional pain you are feeling?
Abortion leaves an empty hole, not only in your body, but also in your heart. The guilt, shame and fear associated with abortion can take your breath away, as well as your voice. You’d rather never have to say the word abortion again, it’s just easier to keep silent and live in secret.
Taking the first step is the hardest part…if you reach out…we will take your hand!